Monday, November 08, 2010

NaNo... Update and Snippet

Well, it's a week into NaNo and I'm already a full day behind. Yay... o man. At this point, I have no idea if I'll even finish. The teachers are really loading up the workload and I will be so busy in the next coming weeks. I'll do my best, but like I said before I started, I am not putting NaNo above my school work. At this point in my life, my school work is much more important.

With that in mind, I'm really liking where I'm going. Over the past couple of days, some really great ideas have emerged and I have really enjoyed exploring the new twists and turns my story has taken. Though I don't have time to super edit, here is short excerpt from one of my favourite scenes so far!

I hope you enjoy it! Please comment and let me know what you think:

Disclaimer : Not my Photo
As she sat down and closed her eyes, a night ware emerged from the shadows, binding the Time Keeper with a thick paste. Opening her eyes in shock, the Time Keeper looked around herself in fear. Upon seeing the night ware, her lips curled down and she moved as if to push him from time. She tugged at her arms but they remained nestled at her side. Glancing down in alarm, she saw the paste and her eyes widened in alarm.

“That’s right, little keeper,” the night ware sneered, his voice scratching and grating against her ears like fingernails on a chalk board. “Struggle all you like but you cannot free yourself from its clutches. You are trapped in our web and you will not be able to escape so easily.” He began to laugh, his cruel voice jarring as it bounced off the folds of time.

“What do you want with me?” she demanded, her voice dripping with poison. “I cannot give you anything and I wouldn’t even if I could.”

“Oh, that’s where you are wrong, dear girl. You can give me something. You can give me the secrets of time.”

Her eyes widened for a moment and then she snickered. “And how do you suppose I’ll do that?”

“Don’t play ignorant with me, witch! The book of secrets! I want the book. Give it to me!”

She spat at his feet. “I don’t have it.”

A loud slap rang out and her cheek glowed red. “Don’t lie to me, wench! I know you made it.”

She smiled grimly. “That may be so, but I do not have it any more. It’s somewhere you will never go and it will be found by someone you do not yet know.”

“More lies!” he growled, pacing back and forth.

“Believe what you like. You cannot get what I don’t have. Search all you want, but you will not find when you don’t know what you seek.”

“SILENCE!” he turned on her and bared his teeth, leaning close to her face. She could smell his putrid breath and feel the evil growing and churning within him. “If you so refuse to tell us the secrets, you shall tell no one the secrets!”

The night ware pasted her mouth shut then hoisted the Time Keeper on his shoulders. Glancing around swiftly, he then jumped through the time rift and disappeared into the unknown, the Time Keeper gone with him.

1 comment:

Eclectic Elegance said...

Ooooh! Just wanted to say that your NaNo really intrigues me so far! :)

-EE

Things I've learned about France (or at least Normandy)

Well there we go, my second European country. In some ways, very similar to England (a lot of meat and potatoes, fancy churches, pay toilets...